Sunday, March 20, 2011

Falling behind...

I have seriously fallen behind in my whole "blog more" goal. And, Its not even that I dont have anything going on in my life. There is plenty going on around here....I just haven't been writing about it.

Here is a quick overview of what's been going on....

  • I got to spend a great weekend in Oklahoma at the beginning of the month. I got to totally surprise Vanessa! Cory kept the kids and we got to just run around drinking copious amounts of coffee and tea! I love this picture from Vanessa's flickr!

  • Christian agreed that a serger would be a good investment. So we found the perfect one of craigslist!

  • My parents bought the cutest baby goat you have ever seen!

  • My sister is moving back to Raytown this week! I am pretty excited to have my movie buddy back. (I dont envy her list of things to do though)

  • Thrift stores have been very kind to me lately. In fact, I think I am going to do a separate post later on just to share my latest thrift store finds.

The weather has been incredible the past few days and it is weird to see people out and about on foot again. The kids and I have enjoyed a couple walks lately and there will be more in the very near future. I even went to stake claims on a garden bed at the Raytown Community Garden this afternoon. Spring is here! and it makes me happy beyond belief. Another benefit of being outside is the smell of roasting coffee! Benettis has opened a roasting location across the street from us. I am in no way shape or form a coffee drinker. I enjoy making Christians coffee, but you wont find me sneaking drinks. But, I do love the smell of roasting coffee!

I am currently working on putting together a list of projects to work on. I have been in a creative funk...or coma might be a better word. So I am going to try to do a couple projects every week, just following tutorials already out there on the interwebs to try to get the creative juices flowing again.

There are a ton of pictures on our flickr page. Having an iPhone has really made picture sharing a lot easier for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment